Services director, CentrepointImproved Centrepoint’s range of housing and support for homeless young people.
CEO, Motiv8Led city-wide initiatives to help young people at risk of offending to learn new skills & grow in confidence.
CEO, YoungMindsI led YoungMinds to raise public and political awareness of the crisis in children and young people’s mental health. Our work led to improvements in the parlous state of care nationally. Through my influence and campaigns, I became the go-to representative for the mental health needs of children and young people.
ConsultancyProjects have included:
- National Market Review of Counselling Services in Schools (Place2Be)
- Advisor for BBC Children in Need Million Minds and Me Programme
- Chair of Young Adult Carers Steering Group
- Adviser on funding priorities for a Charitable Trust
- MSc – Voluntary Sector Organisation (London School of Economics)
- Diploma – Counselling & Supervision (Roehampton Institute)
Current Voluntary Roles
- Chairperson SWEDA (Somerset & Wessex Eating Disorder Association)
- Trustee of Jamie’s Farm
- Board Member of BBC Children in Need Advisory Committee
I am driven by a desire to take on challenging but important problems.
Balancing the influences at play, gathering evidence and then illuminating a scenario with a fresh perspective is a process at which I excel. Fortunately, it is also something I enjoy!
When I take on a project, I want to understand it thoroughly. I do this by…
- Talking to people at different levels of the organisation – having held a multitude of roles within charities, I form connections easily and can identify issues that management might have missed.
- Thinking about the context of the problem we are trying to solve – keeping the dynamics of an organisation front and centre is integral if I am to form accurate views about the issues and how to solve them.
- Getting external feedback – looking at the desired outcomes and facing uncomfortable truths about the obstacles that could prevent them from being achieved.
- Formulating different routes forward – being both business minded and strategic, I come up with innovative strategies (grounded in evidence) and help you weigh up the pros and cons of each.